Friday, March 19, 2010

Working on My Fitness


About two weeks ago while procrastinating at my Assistantship I came across an article on Clutch Online Magazine that listed some excuses we come up with in regards to working out. While reading the list I noticed that I had used some of the excuses myself. In HS I thought of running track but after the first practice run I realized that my hair was more important. Next I thought of basketball but then realized that all the female players had to lift weights at practice and this resulted in some rather broad shoulders. This just isn't for me I thought.

Fast forward to Fall 2008, during my unemployment bid I noticed that my midsection was getting a bit soft. An observation that was later confirmed when my godsis came over and told me I looked fat. That very week we (her and I) signed up for our first Bikram Yoga class and I have been hooked ever since! For those of you who don't know, the class is 90 minutes long, consists of 26 postures, and the room is heated to about 105-110 degrees (note the hottest class I ever had was at 127 and it was brutal). What I probably like most about it is the fact that there is no talking, you literally get on your mat and zone the F out, not to mention the fact that its also a total body workout. Seeing as I didn’t have classes or work this week I made it a point to go as many times as I could, not only because I polished off a German Chocolate cake this past weekend but I also make it a point to make it as cost effective as possible (its the Haitian in me, I can't help this).

For anyone thinking of getting back into shape or spicing up their current workout routine you should definitely give Bikram a shot. Sure your hair might need a lot of TLC afterwards but think of the results

No comments:

Post a Comment

mAmLtDaRt's Fan Box

mAmLtDaRt on Facebook